Saturday, December 22, 2012

Mesmerized


Caught between the line of affection and logic,
I want to tell you the thoughts of my heart;
The ones my mind would dare not reveal.

I am mesmerized by her smile, and she does not know it.

I want to embrace your smile and be the cause of its resurface;
To be the reason of your laughter in the light of day,
And to drown your frowns under the covers of night;
Furthermore; and in my intrepid state,
I want to taste the frame of the curves on your lips,
To soothe its sorrows away,
To preserve the contours of your smirk.

I am mesmerized by her eyes, and she does not know it.

I want to stare at them without the bashfulness of my diffidence,
To glare at their green surface and understand their unspoken word;
I want to get lost in their colloquial translation,
So that I may learn of the language of origins
And see the soul that hides beneath the skin of your façade.

I am mesmerized by her thoughts, and she does not know it.

I want to peruse through your mind and interpret its creation
To understand the attraction that challenges my own
With every scripture, with every word;
I want to find the balance of the importance in your deliberation,
To unravel the value of your train of thought,
To enlighten perspectives; to add to your worth.

I am mesmerized by her presence, and she does not know it.

Would I betray my fragility for the cause and effect
Of clarity in confusion,
Or would I keep the silence vivid
As the songs of my intuition whisper gently
That my words should weigh upon the livid
And keep their secret strong?

I am mesmerized, in silence, though I think she already knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment