Friday, December 13, 2013

No Longer Interested.

I am not interested in what you have to offer,
if what you now offer is not what I want or what I need.

I have admired your will to try and I can respect that you had to let me go;
but now that our roads are forked in different directions,
there is no need to force them to meet.
This is the true beginning of "good bye."

I have now washed away the salt that you placed in my open wound;
you are but a stranger to my past,
(a memory in the shadows of my existence),
with lessons and fatigues that taught me the value of self-worth.

I am not interested in your own stresses, nor in your inabilities to share a common dream;
you need to deal with your own demons and I need to deal with mine,
and to continue to believe that there is hope in love still alive,
(even for the jaded).

It was good while it lasted, it was nice to live the lie;
it was great to realize that somewhere out there another shares my spark.
But now that it’s all over it makes simple sense to say "good bye."


I am no longer interested in what you have to offer,
because what you now offer is not what I want or what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment