Friday, May 31, 2013

Forceful awakening of Things to come

My image was sequestered in a second's note of surprise;
Taken into submission by unrepentant claws that dragged me into the darkest of alleyways -
And all that could be seen was the clear of my eyes, contradicted by fear and excitement;
Kicking and reaching for a branch of empty air, unable to scream for help
And scaled by the unsettled gasps of uneven thought.  

It was a dream like none too pleasant - and all too unrealistic to be tamed by uncertain immortality;
Being dragged by suspicion, laying blames by the dark.
It was the day of the night - when dreamers are awake and lovers sleep tight;
Emptying devotion to hopelessness, practising lone walks in the park.


Had not the cold sweats of shock awakened me from this dark reveille, I would have figured out the destiny of my forsaken mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment