Friday, May 11, 2012

That moment when you realize it was too good to be true: Happy Anniversary!

I am drawn to the greens walked on at night, and the breeze that seeks my air; to breathe it and to share it with she who would be my warm embrace.
The heat from her shell escapes her and is encapsulated in my heart, and I am to think of her while I cherish her image in my realm of dreams.

"But you knew from the start that it would never work."
Alas, perhaps a small part of me agrees with your disagreement.
"She, of the Sun, burnt your skin, and now you bare the scars of her absence."
Yes, and I, of the Moon, became exposed to her heat and to her light by heart's will.  I admit that I disapproved of the trips of insomnia while confusion caressed my thoughts as they punctured the slight sense of trust I felt for her - all because she was too careless to care.
"You knew very well it was too good to be true."
And in the end, she was just like the rest of them.
"The light of the sun betrayed her shadow."
And in her shadow I, sometimes, found myself at peace.
"But you knew it was all based on a lie - her intent was never to stay."
The games were played, and I became a pawn.  First time, shame on her;  Second time, shame on me;  Third time, shame on the Universe for making a fool of my destiny.

I now stare at the sky and realize that the clouds are acting as a shelter, soothing the burns left by the memory of her.  The time now celebrated is faded into the nothingness of a lesson well learned.  I walk a path of contradictions - exhausted by the efforts of a one-man tango.
The current breath of air is heavy with sighs and whispers, but it is ever so unburdened and refreshed.

"It was a good run, was it not, despite all the lies?"
Yes, I guess it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment