Saturday, May 26, 2012

Welcome Ms. Allergies

I sit on the front porch of my home, reading, observing the seldom happenings of my quiet neighbourhood.  The smell of fresh-cut grass that once brought upon the childhood memories of my youth now hinder between the nostrils with a threatening essence, staged to perfection around the symphony of my sneeze.

I changed the oil of the Black Mamba all under the sunny shelter of today's beauty rays.  Memory would have me replay a role where I saw her image walk toward me as I hid under the weight of my car.  And then dirt made my eyes itch.  Thank you Ms. Allergy for awakening my song.

Birds sing, I sing - though not in sync, not as painful as the contortion of my core.  It is a beautiful day to be sitting outside my front porch, dreaming of what is to come, of what I will do with the days to come.
If only Ms. Allergy would be so kind as to let me go sooner and not make me cry throughout the summer, I will  take a walk by the bushes of her greens, and a stroll down memory lane of my inner youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment