Monday, July 2, 2012

How the Full Moon affects the Aquarian man



I watched as the morning’s full Moon was swallowed by the ragged edges of Earth’s dawn.  Closer than normal, I could almost sense its breath as it descended into the canyons of darkness and into the depths of another land.  And I was left standing high atop a bridge, thinking of this game of hide-and-seek, feeling the heat of oranges and purples of the Sun rising at my back.  A sense of emptiness…

The birds were protesting the absence of their contemplation, singing at the top of their lungs – could it be that they understood the thoughts running through my head?  It became evident to me that nobody else would…

“Where are you going?” I asked the Moon before it abandoned the sky.
Nowhere in particular, just moving apart for a while…
“For how long?” I asked.
Until you’re ready…
“Ready for what?”
For come what may…

I pondered for a long while, turning minutes into hours, and watching morning turn to dusk.  The birds that had whispered their silence throughout my visit now sat quietly, once more, in between the branches of the trees that surrounded my atmosphere.  I was no longer trapped in a worldly bubble, and yet, the air felt as suffocating as the discomfort of my night upon the short visit of the full Moon.

Quick and distant, my logic had devised a plan to betray my sleep.  Shadows lurking behind me were left unseen, but their presence was felt by the vision of my other senses.  And then the effect of solitude was magnified trice more by the realization that truly, I was alone.

There must be a full moon outside tonight I heard them say as a response to my complaint.  The phrase seemed to be created to help make sense of out-of-the-ordinary happenings that occur within the moods of one being or another.  Was it true? I wondered.  Like the myth of men and werewolves, could the Moon have such a strong effect on the lament of an Aquarian man?

I was having too much of a playtime with my brain.  The horoscopes within could not answer the questions posed – nor could they attempt to soothe the discontent of my mood.




No comments:

Post a Comment