Thursday, July 26, 2012

The place where it all began

I parked by the doorway of the coffee shop where it all began.

My mind, infused with the memories of that early summer day, felt the incommodities of not knowing what and how to feel.  In reminiscent times, the acquaintance proved fruitful - even I, who no longer believed in "love at first sight" became infatuated by the idea of tasting her lips as we walked through the greens of a nearby park.  And I knew of her more than I thought to know her; and vice-versa.

But the interest scripted the story, which has now come in full circle.  Three times of trials and error were amplified once more by sudden realizations.  And so, the acquaintances who gave in to lust and hopeless ideals, now became stranger than strangers; forgotten in the distance that seems so close and yet so far; forgetting the breaths of one another's existence.

So I am parked here again, standing in front of the doorway of the coffee shop where it all began...

"One medium ice-cap, please."

No comments:

Post a Comment